Tuesday 28 August 2018

Captured



I have so many beautiful nieces who are living all over the world. This is a photo of my brother's middle daughter and I love how the light reflects across her face making it look as if she's either in the middle of a forest or under the ocean.

I really LOVE the colours in this canvas.  Here I used paints Prima Marketing Inc ArtAlchemy paints by Finnabair in Metallique (Romance Pink) and Sparks (Butterfly Spells and Unicorn's Hair) as well as a Dazzle dye spray by Enmarc in Eggshell.

I had some Dusty Attic chipboard which I wanted to use and when removed them from their "casing", I decided to use that on my project as well.



I heat embossed the chipboard with Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder and then, when it was still hot and sticky, I rubbed some gold foil over it so that it stuck to the stickiness of the embossing powder.  So easy!


I decided to leave the flowers as is - no gesso or inks - because they looked so beautiful and clean against the pinks and golds of the paint.


Once I had completed gesso'ing and painting, I added some of Finnabair's ArtAlchemy Metallique Wax in White Gold over some of the elements to bring out the detail.


This makes me happy 💗



No comments:

Post a Comment