Sunday 3 February 2019

Together


Hi everyone.  Summer is in full swing down in sunny Cape Town with a few heatwaves causing us all to melt.  Despite all the heat and the fact that we live so close to the ocean, we haven't been down to the beach once.  Crazy I know, but, even though I love to sit beside and watch the ocean, I'm not really a beach person.  Walking along the shores is okay once in a while, but it's not 
a favourite pastime of mine.

The pic in this layout is of my family during a spontaneous photoshoot and I love the pics that we got from it.

Even though I don't really like going to the beach, I love to do beach layouts.  I also love these 49 and Market papers (Island Paradise range) which I used for this single layout.


I used a lot of seashells, art stones, beads and flowers to create this layout, adding some splashes of blue ink and stenciling starfish onto the background.


The chipboard fishnet was heat embossed with silver embossing powder and then randomly painted with brown rust paste.


I brushed some white gesso onto the shells, flowers and embellishments and then added some extra pearls and splashes of white gesso to complete the layout.


Hope you like it! 

💙




No comments:

Post a Comment