Thursday 18 March 2021

Dreamer of Dreams

Hi everyone.  I am sharing a mixed media canvas with you today created as Design Team 
member for 13arts using the stunning new "Mr Handsome" collection.


I wanted to create lots of texture on this canvas so began by combining brown watercolour ink 
with white gesso and texture powder into a thick paste.  Once I had adhered the paper 
to my canvas, I stenciled onto my layout with this thick paste and then applied it around 
the edges of my canvas, using a spatula.



I then mixed Color Glow ink into gel medium and stenciled with this paste as well as 
applied some of it around the edges to break the brown paste.
I also mixed red bronze shiny powder with gel medium and applied this 
around the edges as well.



I wasn't happy with the colour of the thick paste as it seemed too light on the canvas so I 
diluted brown watercolour ink and painted it onto the paste which absorbed 
the colour beautifully.



I also added the diluted brown ink around my main composition, spraying it with water 
so that the colour would flow.



Products used on this canvas include:

  
  
  
  

I hope that you like this canvas.
Until next time!
💙

No comments:

Post a Comment