Sunday 23 September 2018

Dwell in Possibility


I love the new Finnabair rust pasts ... the colours and the textures ... and blending the colours together to give it the effect that I want.

Here I wanted to use the "Old Walls" Texture Fantasy Rust Pastes for two reasons ...

💛 I simply love the colour combination in this set, and

💛I love the look and effect of old walls on old buildings, especially a really old Villa or Chateau. 

I added some elements onto the canvas, i.e some flowers and chipboard pieces, and then coated them in the rust pastes, blending the "moss" and "cool grey" together, drying between each colour.


Once those two colours were dry, I added some of the brown from Finnabair's original rust set in some places, spraying it with water and letting the brown run down the canvas.


Once the brown was dry, I added some of the "cream" rust paste in places as well as over the chipboard pieces to make it stand out on the canvas.

The bird's nest was made from wire with some large wooden beads as bird's eggs.


I made some clay wings with Finnabairs silicone mold and painted those as well as the resin pieces in brown paint and then added Finnabair's waxes over the top to make them look old.

Some extra flowers, silicone beads, Finnabair pebbles and waxes completed the canvas.


Hope you like it!

See you all again soon 💛

1 comment: