Friday 16 August 2019

These boots


Hi everyone.
Today I am sharing a project which started off as a challenge and turned into a work of the heart.

The challenge was to alter a pair of wellington boots, any which way I wanted to.
So my wellington boots turned into fishing boots.

The boots were painted with a lot of white gesso to firstly get rid of the original colour (they were purple!) and, secondly, to make it easier to use other product on the plastic that the boots are made out of.

I added some sand paste for texture and then started layering shells, stones and other embellishments which were appropriate for the ocean feel.


I mounted them onto a canvas so that they had a place to "belong" and added all elements of the beach and sea to make them look like worn boots that had been through the ocean and back.

I stenciled onto the canvas and then sprayed and painted inks and acrylic paints onto the canvas, spraying it with water and allowing the colours to "move" on the canvas.


I added a beach fence on either side of the boots, adding shells etc., painting them with gold and silver and then, once dry, dry brushing white gesso over the top of everything.


You'll be amazing what you find at the bottom of the ocean.



I threaded some wooden beads onto natural twine to give the look of the top edge of a fishing net as well as buoys in the water.


And, for my efforts, I even earned a place on the podium 😃

Thank you to Beautiful Scrapbooks for the challenge ... it was so much fun.

I hope that you like this project.
Until next time!
💙






No comments:

Post a Comment