Thursday 13 May 2021

Love makes a family

 


Hello creative friends.
Today I am sharing an altered canvas created as Brand Ambassador for Penelope Dee 
using the brand new Charlotte collection.
The combination of peach, orange and blue florals and leaves definitely 
makes this one of my favourite collections.  In fact, I have yet to meet a 
Penelope Dee collection that I didn't love 😃


A new element in this collection is the newprint page
which I used to cover the canvas with and then gave it a generous coating of clear gesso to protect it from the product and water which I would be adding.


I mixed black gesso together with gel medium and stenciled onto the canvas, 
allowing it to dry completely before stenciling over the top of it with brown rust past, 
spraying it with a bit of water to allow the colour to move and run.  
Once it was dry, I added red rust onto the brown to give it the rusty look.


I used the same rust pastes on the chipboard wording as well.


Once everything was dry, I lightly rubbed orange wax over some of the texture on my canvas.
Resin pieces were painted with black gesso and then lightly rubbed with orange wax.

LOTS of flower fussy cutting framed my photograph and
my canvas was complete.


I hope that you like this project and feel inspired to create one of your own.
Until next time!
💛





No comments:

Post a Comment