Tuesday 4 May 2021

Story

 


Hello creative friends.
I am sharing a new 13arts mixed media project with you all today.

For this project, I used the reverse of a wooden canvas and paper and elements from 
one of my favourite collection - Mr Handsome.
I love the masculine feel of this collection which allows for rusts, metals 
and a real grungy feel.


I found these thin, coloured metal sheets at one of the art stores in Cape Town 
and decided to use a piece of the gold one on my project, running it through 
an embossing folder and then lightly sanding the raised areas.


Once I had assembled all of my elements, including the resin pieces, 
I used 13arts Rusty Bronze Powder on my composition as follows:
💛 I added gel medium where I would like the rust to be,
💛 sprinkled the rust powder onto the gel medium, and then
💛 sprayed the Rust Reagent onto the rust powder, allowing it to activate.



I also added gold gilding flakes to some of the areas to highlight the details
as well as gold paint and a mix of turquoise and green watercolour paint 
to add to the rusty effect.


I added chipboard pieces as well as ephemera and clear foil from 
Mr Handsome to my project.



Some products used on this project include ... 


I hope that you like this project and are inspired to create one of your own.
Until next time!
💛


1 comment:

  1. It's fabulous! Could you tell me what exactly embossing folder is it?

    ReplyDelete