Monday 5 July 2021

Time flies

 


Hello everyone.
It is hard to believe that we are already into the month of July and that half of 2021 
is behind us, but time does fly and it waits for no-one!  We just have to be sure to 
live in the moment, having no regrets, making memories along the journey.

I am sharing a new project for 13arts with you all today ... 
a wooden mixed media canvas with a chipboard clock and other grungy elements.

I prepared the background of my canvas by adhering paper from 
13arts' Young and Free Collection, covering it with clear gesso and then, 
once the gesso was dry, I stamped as well as stenciled onto the paper 
with a combination of gel medium and Luster Black Shiny Powder, 
dragging the spatula down my canvas as well as 
around the edges with my spatula.




I covered the top piece of my clock with gel medium and then, while it was still wet, I sprinkled small microbeads into the medium and dried it completely.  This will create texture to the clock once other mediums are added.


I covered all of the chipboard clock pieces with black gesso and then painted 
the top piece with a combination of three 13arts Color Glows 
(Tiger's Eye, Andalusite and Smoky Quartz) mixed together with fluid medium. 
I also added the brown paint around the edges of my canvas with a paintbrush.



My centrepiece was created by using cut out butterflies from the Young and Free collection 
as well as other elements and then covering it with a perspex dome with the sides of the dome 
painted with the same brown paint using a sponge.




13arts products used include the following ....


I hope that you like this project and are inspired to create one of your own.
Until next time!
💛



No comments:

Post a Comment