Saturday 12 August 2023

Remember the Summer


Hello again creative friends.
I am sharing my new project as Design Team
member for 13arts with you all today ~ 
a soft, pastel mixed media canvas
using the gorgeous Sweet Summertime
collection.


I prepared the background of my canvas
by measuring strips with tape to
create the stripes.
I then mixed modelling paste and
Carnelian Color Glow together and
applied this paste between the stripes
with a spatula, allowing it to dry
completely.


I then combined white gesso with texture
powder and stenciled lightly onto the corners
of my canvas as well as spreading the 
paste around the edges of my canvas,
using a spatula, and leaving it to 
dry completely for the cracks to form.


I tore paper from the collection which I 
secured across the centre of my canvas and 
then added ephemera and other embellishments
to frame my photograph.




Once I had added everything to my canvas,
I added diluted Blue Diamond Color Glow 
onto the white stripes above and below 
my composition, spraying it with water 
to allow the colour to move.
Once dry, I painted liquid glue and gold 
glitter onto the white stripes as well.



I hope that this project has inspired you.

















No comments:

Post a Comment