Tuesday 6 September 2022

Live your story

 


Hi everyone.
I am sharing a new project as Design Team member 
for 13arts with you all today, a mixed media shadow box 
featuring papers and embellishments from the 
ROSE IN LOVE collection as well as cut-outs 
from the BELLA collection.


I prepared the box by first giving it a good covering 
of white gesso.  I then combined a mixture 
of white gesso and texture powder and applied 
this to the front of the box with a spatula, leaving 
it to dry naturally to bring out all of the cracks.

Once the paste was dry, I combined liquid acrylic medium 
and Jadeite Color Glow together and added this 
onto the cracks, spraying with water to allow the colour 
to move across the front of the box.



I painted the resin embellishments with the same 
green Color Glow (frame and branch) and added Ruby 
Color Glow with liquid acrylic medium 
to the flowers on the resin piece.




Chipboard leaves were painted with the same green paint
and the resin window coloured with Ruby paint.


I added flowers, ephemera and cutout-outs 
around the edges of the box, layering them 
with the coloured resin pieces.





I hope that this project has inspired you.
















No comments:

Post a Comment