Wednesday 22 February 2023

The best day with the best friend

 


Hello again creative friends.
I am sharing a new project as Design Team
member for 13arts ~ a grungy mixed media 
canvas featuring 13arts products and mediums
and elements from the Art Book Vol 4.

I love using and blending mixed media 
products on my projects and this 
one is no different.
I covered my canvas with black gesso 
and then, once dry, I applied modeling paste 
using a spatula as well as stenciling around
 the edges.  Once all product was dry, 
I stenciled onto my canvas using a combination of
gel medium and black gesso.
I also added a combination of Tanzanite 
Color Glow and white gesso and added
 colour along the top right and bottom left 
corners of my canvas.  
This blue gesso was also used on other
 elements on my canvas.
I also diluted the gold Shiny Powder with 
water and applied this to my canvas, 
spraying with water to allow the colour 
to move.




Resin embellishments were painted with
black gesso and then, once dry, were lightly brushed
with white gesso, adding diluted Shiny Powder
at the end.



I painted the paintbrush with black gesso, 
stenciling onto the handle and lower down and 
then painted it with the blue gesso mix, adding 
white gesso and Shiny Powder once all
product was dry.



I cut elements from the Art Book and then 
arranged these around my main composition, 
together with flowers and resin pieces.



I hope that this layout has inspired you.
















No comments:

Post a Comment