Wednesday 1 February 2023

City lights

 


 Hello creative friends.
It's a new month and so it means it is 
time for a new 13arts Mood Board Challenge.

I am sharing a new project as Design Team member
for 13arts created as inspiration for the
February Mood Board Challenge.


The 13arts challenge is a fun way to
explore different colours/themes that you
might not always choose and so give you
an opportunity to venture out of your
comfort zone.  Be inspired by this
new mood board, create a project of
your own and then submit it onto
INSTAGRAM only using 
the #13artsFeb23.  There is an 
amazing prize for the winner who will 
also be invited to Guest Design 
for 13arts.

I created this canvas using the stunning
new CITY LIGHTS collection 
as well as 13arts amazing mixed 
media products and mediums.


I prepared the background of my 
canvas by mixing the different Color 
Glows (individually) with liquid acrylic 
medium and then painting them onto my 
canvas in an ombre effect, pink at the bottom, 
purple in the centre and then the blue at the top.
I then stamped onto my canvas
with embossing ink, adding white 
embossing powder to the ink and then 
heating it with my heat gun.



I then stenciled onto my canvas with 
modeling paste and, once dry, added 
modeling paste mixed with texture paste
 around the edges with a spatula.  I left 
this to dry completely to allow the 
cracks to form.



I painted the chipboard buildings with the 
same Color Glows.
I applied sticky glue to the chipboard, 
allowing it to dry slightly, and then 
applied a sheet of blue foil to the glue so that,
once removed, would leave foil on parts 
of the chipboard.



I hope that this project has inspired you to 
join this 13arts challenge.












No comments:

Post a Comment