Friday 10 July 2020

Gentleman - Hero - Man


Hi everyone.
Today I am sharing a canvas which I made for Father's Day in June but didn't get to share it.

This pic is of my Father taken in his younger days, a pic which I think depicts who 
he was as a man - a gentleman and our hero.

I stenciled onto the canvas and then painted everything with black gesso.
I then painted brown, orange and blue rust pastes over the top of the gesso, blending them to create 
a desired effect.


Chipboard embellishments were painted with black gesso and then rubbed with copper wax.




Once I had adhered everything to the canvas, I added rust pastes here and there, 
spraying with water so that the colour would run and look as if it had been there for years.





I hope that you like this canvas.
Until next time!
💙



No comments:

Post a Comment