Tuesday 14 July 2020

Thankful


Hi everyone.
I am sharing a single layout created using inspiration from the 13 Arts mood board challenge
for July, being inspired by the colours or elements in the board.


Watching birds is one of my favourite things to do!
There are so many different kinds that come into our little garden and the varieties that are 
found in Africa are innumerable.

I decided to use the "Down Under" papers for my layout because the colours are so similar to 
those found on our continent and I wanted to create a scene similar to the plains of Africa where
the most exquisite wild birds live and thrive.

I decided to use the paper below because, to me, it looks a lot like an aerial picture 
of a desert so I used that as my starting point.
Using a wet paintbrush, I painted water around the image on the left so that it 
would be easy to tear the paper where I wanted it to tear.


I then used tacky glue on the line on the paper and, when it was sticky enough, I added 
copper Gilding Flakes because I wanted it to look like the African sun glistening off the ground.
I let the glue dry completely and then brushed off the excess flakes.  




I painted clear gesso onto my layout and then stenciled with black gesso.
Once the stenciling was dry, I added stamping with black Archival ink.


Once all mediums were dry, I diluted Pistachio Green Watercolor Powder 
with water, adding black gesso to it to make it a bit darker.

I sprayed water onto the page and then added the watercolor with a paintbrush, 
letting it move on the page, until I was happy with the effect.


Splashes of diluted white gesso completed the layout.

I hope that you like this layout.
Why not click on the link above and join in the challenge.
Until next time!
💛











6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you created a superstar page!! Our down under paper collection fit's perfectly with the photo!! Well done!! I love it !! Thank you so much for joining us at 13@rts. Have a beautiful day. Xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply a stellar page! I adore it. You composition is right on point.Thank you for playing along with 13 Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really really beautiful Layout! Thank You for that eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Fantastic artwork! Thank you for joining along at 13arts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page! So unique and beautiful! Thank you for joining our 13arts challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning layout! Thank you for joining us at the 13arts challenge!

    ReplyDelete