Wednesday 2 June 2021

Even broken wings will learn to fly again

 


Hi everyone.
I am sharing a project which I created as Design Team member for 13arts 
as inspiration for the June Mood Board Challenge.


When I prepared these wings with resin, they didn't come out how I had planned - 
weak in some parts and some parts broke when I took them out of the mould.  
It made me think about how our wings (figuratively speaking, of course), get damaged 
and broken by the things of life and how, having been knocked down, we have to 
find the time to heal.  With the right help and encouragement, 
broken wings can learn to fly again.

I altered three shadow boxes by first painting them with white gesso 
and then painting the frames with diluted green ink.
I then added stamping before applying gel medium with 
bronze shiny powder around the edges.
I cut paper for the inside of the boxes (the base as well as the sides) and applied 
the above products to them as well before adhering them inside the boxes.
I also added Rusty Bronze Powder onto the wings as well as around the frame of the centre box, adding the Reagent in order to make the powder react.
I love the effect of the rust powder and, the more Reagent that you add to the powder, 
the more rusty the effect.







Here are some close-ups of the details ...






Some of the products used on my project include ...


I hope that you like this project and feel inspired to create a project 
of your own for this challenge.

Follow 13 arts at
https://www.facebook.com/13artspl/
or on
https://instagram.com/13arts?igshid=u0fo8nsz0d6v to view the rules of the challenges
and for more DT inspiration.
Until next time!
💙





No comments:

Post a Comment