Monday 6 September 2021

Be strong

 




Hello creative friends.
I am sharing a new mixed media project for 13arts featuring papers and embellishments 
from the Young and Free collection as well as amazing 13arts products.

I created this large wooden panel by adhering paper from the collection to it and then giving it 
a good covering of clear gesso.
I then stenciled onto it with modeling paste, allowing it to dry completely.


I painted a large wooden cog with white gesso and then applied rice paper from 
the collection to it with gel medium, lightly wetting the edges and then 
tearing the paper very gently.


I painted my embellishments with black gesso and/or with a combination of 
Tiger Eye Color Glow and Acrylic Medium.  Once they were dry, I added them 
to my project together with the large wooden cog.

I combined Amber and Garnet Color Glows with Acrylic Medium and then added 
this lightly to some of my embellishments to give them an orange/gold glow.  I added 
more Garnet to the mix and added this as well. 



Once all of the colour was dry, I lightly painted here and there with gel medium, 
adding Rusty Bronze Powder to the medium and then adding the rust reagent to 
start the rusting process.


Once everything was dry, I added a light dusting of white gesso around the edges 
of some of my embellishments to bring out the detail as well as 
some splashes of colour onto the panel.


Some of the products used include the following ...


I hope that you like this project and are inspired to create one of your own.
Until next time!
💛













No comments:

Post a Comment