Wednesday 29 September 2021

Ocean View


Hello creative friends.
I am sharing a recent canvas created as Brand Ambassador for Penelope Dee
using the stunning new Ocean Blue collection.


I created the background for this project by tearing papers from the collection and 
layering them onto the canvas.
I then stenciled onto the paper using blue expanding mousse, applying some 
of the product between the folds of the papers.
I used a wooden embroidery hoop on the project and painted it with brown and red 
rust pastes to give it an old and weathered look.


The chipboard elements were painted with orange and then, once it was dry, 
lightly misted with blue gloss spray.


This project included a LOT of fussy cutting and I love how these 
elements look once added to the project.  I created some octopus tentacles protruding 
from all of these cut elements by rolling air dry clay, positioning them onto 
my project and then adding beads into the clay to look like little suckers.




I hope that you like this project and are inspired to create your own.
Until next time!
💙









 

No comments:

Post a Comment