Thursday 4 November 2021

Around the clock


Hello creative friends.
I am sharing a new project for 13arts with you today, a large wooden 
mixed media canvas with a steampunk/grungy feel.

I used papers and embellishments from "Back in Time, one of my favourite 
collections and, of course 13arts mixed media products and mediums.


I prepared the background of this canvas by first painting with a coat of 
white gesso and then adhered the rice paper from the collection 
to the top half of the canvas.  I then painted it with a good 
covering of clear gesso.

Once it was dry, I mixed modeling paste and texture powder together and 
applied it around my canvas with a spatula.  This coating needs to be 
thick enough to form the beautiful cracks that you see in the picture below.


Once the paste was completely dry, I applied diluted Andalusite and 
Tourmaline Color Glows individually to my canvas, spraying it with water 
to allow it to run and move on my canvas.
I stenciled onto the top of the colour once verything was dry.  
As the modeling paste dries, it takes on a bit of the colour 
from the Color Glows.


Resin pieces were painted with Andalusite Color Glow mixed with 
fluid medium and set aside to dry.  Once dry, all resin
pieces were dry brushed with white gesso.


Once dry, they were adhered to my canvas in the 
composition that you see below.


Ephemera and other embellishments were added 
around my composition.


Chipboard pieces on my canvas were heat embossed 
with white embossing powder.




I hope that you like this project and are inspired to create one of your own.
Until next time!
đź’™








1 comment: