Tuesday 30 November 2021

The best time

 


Hello creative friends.
The monthly mood board challenge at 13arts is a fun way to explore different 
colours/themes that you might not always choose and so give you an opportunity 
to venture out of your comfort zone.
And December's challenge is no different! 
It speaks of Christmas and of all the things that we love 
to enjoy at this time of year.


For this month's challenge, I created a circular wooden canvas with the 
new Christmas range from 13arts.  
I love the papers in this collection and incorporate many different colours, 
all depicting the beautiful rich colours of Christmas.
You can find details of the challenges on the 13arts Instagram page.

I began my cutting out a circle of paper to form the base of my canvas.
I'll admit that my Silhouette Cameo helped me with this - no ways was I 
going to cut that circle by hand!
I also added stenciling onto the circle using Tiger Eye Color Glow
mixed into Gel Medium and added this around my
canvas.

I then cut a holly wreath out using a cut file on my Silhouette Cameo 
and then painted this with Old Gold glitter ink.


I painted the edges of my canvas with Tiger Eye Color Glow, 
coloured the ribbon with the same Color Glow and then, once dry, 
I added it around the edge of the circle.


I fussy cut elements from the cut out page and layered these 
on my canvas, together with the photograph and other embellishments.




And what would a Christmas project be without glitter!
I added glitter onto the back of perspex pebbles before adding
them to my layout.


A coating of white gesso completed my project.


It truly is the best time of the year!


13arts products used on my project included the following ...


I hope that you like this project and are inspired to create one of your own.
Until next time!
🎄











No comments:

Post a Comment