Tuesday 1 February 2022

Story of love


Hello creative friends.
Hello February and the month of love!
The monthly mood board challenge at 13arts is a fun way to explore different 
colours and themes that you might not always choose and so give you 
an opportunity to venture out of your comfort zone.
And this month's challenge does just that.  It speaks of love and romance, 
bringing those that we love a little closer into our hearts.


As inspiration for this challenge, I created and altered a small tin and 
made a mini mini album to fit inside it.
I love the vintage papers of the Rosalie collection and felt that it
was perfect for my project and this challenge.




I covered the tin with white gesso and then combined modeling paste and 
texture powder together, applying it around the edges of the tin 
and lid with a spatula.  When dry, these products together 
crack and give lots of texture to your project.

I then coloured the tin with Rose Quartz as well as 
Tiger Eye Color Glows.


I added ephemera and transparent foil elements onto the top 
of the lid, colouring the resin piece with the same Color Glows.


I made a book mini album for inside the tin and 
decorated the front to match the front of the tin.


I stenciled onto the covers and pages of the album and then,
once dry, I added glitter ink with a spatula.

Here are details on the pages ...






I hope that this project inspires you to create your own
for this month's challenge.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment