Wednesday 1 June 2022

You shine

 


Hello creative friends.
I am sharing a new project for 13arts with you all today,
a mixed media wooden canvas as inspiration for the 
June Mood Board Challenge on Instagram.

For this project, I used papers and embellishments 
from the steampunk INDUSTRIAL ZONE collection.  
I love the elements of this collection which are 
perfect for this month's mood board.


I prepared the background of my project by adhering 
paper from the collection onto my canvas and 
giving it a good coating of clear gesso.
I then stenciled onto the edges my canvas of my 
canvas with gel medium and then added Rusty 
Bronze Powder to the gel medium while it was wet, 
shaking off all of the excess powder.
I then added the Reagent to the powder allowing 
it to turn the powder into a rust effect and 
left it to dry completely.

I also combined Golden Calcite Color Glow
powder to gel medium and stenciled around the 
edges of my canvas, dragging some of the product 
along the edges with my spatula.



Resin embellishments were painted with Golden Calcite 
as well as Andalusite Color Glows combined with 
liquid acrylic medium.



Gel medium, Rusty Bronze Powder as well as Reagent 
were also added to the bottom of the bulb as well as 
some of the resin embellishments.




Chipboard embellishments were painted with 
Andalute Color Glow combined with liquid acrylic medium 
to give them the silver/brown effect.




Once everything had been adhered to my canvas,
I gave most of the embellishments a light 
dry brush of white gesso.


I hope that this project has inspired to create 
one of your own for this month's 13arts challenge.

























No comments:

Post a Comment