Wednesday 29 June 2022

Industrial

 


Hello again creative friends.
I am sharing my new project as Design Team 
member for 13arts with you all today, 
a standing wooden canvas using paper 
and embellishments from the 
INDUSTRIAL ZONE collection 
and, of course, 13arts products and mediums.

I must admit, as you can see from previous projects, 
I am always drawn to the steampunk and industrial 
elements of this collection and tend to 
use it more than the others.
I love the browns and greys of this collection
which allow you to create anything
you desire.

I prepared this canvas by adhering paper 
from the collection to my canvas with gel medium 
and then gave it a generous coating of clear gesso.

Once the gesso was dry, I diluted a combination of 
Tiger Eye as well as Andalusite Color Glow with 
liquid acrylic medium and added the colour 
around the edges of my canvas, spraying it 
with water to allow the colour to move 
on my canvas.

I then stenciling along the left and right sides 
with modeling paste, allowing it to dry completely.

Once I was sure that everything on the canvas 
was dry, I stamped around the edges with clear 
embossing ink and then added white embossing 
powder, shaking off the excess before heat 
setting with a heat gun.



I painted my resin pieces with black gesso, 
drying it completely before applying the 
same two Color Glows to it.  Once it was all dry, 
I dry brushed everything with white gesso.




I adhered all my pieces to my canvas together 
with ephemera and cut-outs from the collection 
as well as metal cogs and gears.



Some splashes of brown and white completed my project.



Thank you for stopping by.























No comments:

Post a Comment