Saturday 31 December 2022

Back in time


 Hello creative friends.

It's a new day, a new month and a new year!
I would like to wish you all the very best for 2023.
May the new year bring you all your heart's desires.

I am sharing a new project as Design Team member
for 13arts created as inspiration for the
January Mood Board Challenge.


The 13arts challenge is a fun way to
explore different colours/themes that you
might not always choose and so give you
an opportunity to venture out of your
comfort zone.  Be inspired by this
new mood board, create a project of
your own and then submit it onto
INSTAGRAM only using 
the #13artsJan23.  There is an 
amazing prize for the winner who will 
also be invited to Guest Design 
for 13arts.

I created this canvas using ephemera 
from the BACK IN TIME collection 
as well as 13arts amazing mixed 
media products and mediums.

I prepared the background of my canvas by 
diluting 13arts Color Glows with water and then 
painting them onto the canvas, spraying 
with water to allow the product to move.  
Once it was dry, I combined 13arts Texture 
Powder with modeling paste and applied 
this to my canvas using a spatula, 
leaving it to dry to allow the 
cracks to form.  I used the same product 
to stencil around my canvas.
I also added some stenciling with a 
combination of gel medium and Tiger 
Eye Color Glow.



I painted the resin pieces with the Color 
Glows combined with Liquid 
Acrylic Medium, leaving them to dry 
before lightly brushing with white gesso.



I added metallic foil to the centre of my 
canvas and then layered the resin pieces 
with ephemera and transparent foil from 
the BACK IN TIME collection, 
adding the Tiger Eye Color Glow 
around my composition to create depth.



I hope that this project has inspired you to 
join the 13arts challenge this month.






























No comments:

Post a Comment