Thursday 21 April 2022

Use your wings and fly

 


Hello creative friends.
I am sharing a new mixed media canvas 
as Design Team member for 13arts using the 
gorgeous, dramatic "Queen of the Night collection.


I prepared my wooden canvas by covering it with paper 
from the collection and then giving it a good coating 
of clear gesso, leaving it to dry completely.

I stamped onto the edges of my canvas and then
added Onyx Color Glow to gel medium, 
stenciling around my canvas and dragging the spatula 
up and down on my canvas until I was 
happy with the result.  



I added Texture Powder to white gesso to 
form a thick paste and then applied the paste along 
the left and right sides of my canvas, leaving the paste 
to dry completely to form the cracks.


I then mixed Garnet and Tiger Eye Color Glow 
together with gel medium, adding additional 
stenciling in some places.


I painted the round resin pieces in black gesso and 
then applied gel medium to them.
I lightly covered the gel medium with 
Rusty Bronze powder, shaking off the excess.
I then applied Reagent to the powder, 
leaving it to react with the powder. Once it was dry, 
I applied more of the Reagent to give the rust effect 
that I wanted.



Once I had added everything to my canvas, 
I added gel medium onto the canvas, below the
rusted elements and used the same process as above, 
allowing the Reagent to run down the canvas 
into the cracks of the paste.




Other pieces on my canvas were painted with 
black gesso and then lightly brushed with white gesso.


Once everything had been added to my canvas,
I lightly brushed florals and other embellishments
with white gesso.




I hope that this project inspires you to create one 
of your own with these beautiful 
13arts papers and products.































No comments:

Post a Comment