Saturday 30 April 2022

Retro

 


Hello creative friends.
I am sharing a new steampunk wooden canvas as Design Team 
member for 13arts using the amazing Industrial Zone collection.

I prepared the background of my canvas by 
embossing thin metal sheets, painting them with 
Golden Calcite Color Glow with acrylic medium 
and then, once dry, lightly brushed with brown 
vintage paint.



I cut paper from the collection to fit the centre of 
my canvas and gave it a good coating of clear gesso.
I then stenciled onto the paper with the Golden Calcite 
Color Glow mixed with gel medium, dragging the 
product downwards on my paper.
I added the medium along the edges of the paper 
and, while the product was still wet, I lightly added 
Rusty Bronze powder to it, adding the reagent to 
allow the powder to react and turn rusty. 



I painted the chipboard pieces with the brown vintage paint.


Resin embellishments were painted with black gesso, 
then the brown vintage paint and then, while the 
paint was still wet, Rusty Bronze powder was added,
together with the reagent.




I cut many pieces out of the cut-out sheets and 
added these to my canvas together with all of the 
embellishments which I had altered.


I hope that this project inspires you to create your 
own with these amazing papers and products.

















No comments:

Post a Comment