Monday 7 November 2022

Possibility

 


Hello creative friends.
I am sharing a new project as Design Team 
member for 13arts ~ a steampunk, industrial 
mixed media mini album using 
the INDUSTRIAL ZONE collection.

I love beautiful floral collections, but this masculine 
collection has drawn me to it so many times and 
I thought I'd make use of the full collection in a 
mini album before I receive my parcel 
with all the new collections.  
I am so looking forward to that!

I prepared the book of the album as well as 
the pages and flaps and then covered them 
with papers from the collection.

I then prepared the background of the pages 
and flaps with the following steps, making sure 
that each product was dry before 
adding another ... 

~ stamped with various 13arts stamps,
~ applied a combination of Smokey Quartz 
Color Glow mixed with fluid acrylic medium 
with a spatula,
~ stenciled with modeling paste,
~ stenciled with gel medium combined with 
Andalusite Color Glow,
~ applied Copper glitter ink with a spatula, 
and then
~ applied modeling paste around the edges 
of some of the papers.





I painted the resin pieces on my cover with 
black gesso and then, once dry, added a 
combination of Red Bronze Shiny Powder added 
to clear wax, covered each piece completely.  
I then highlighted the details with silver wax.




Here are a few pictures of the pages ...








I love making mini albums as there is so 
much creativity that goes into one project.
I hope this one has inspired you.














No comments:

Post a Comment