Thursday 1 June 2023

Cozy

 


Hello again creative friends.
I am sharing my new project as 
Design Team member for 13arts ~ 
a mixed media canvas as inspiration 
for the June Mood Board Challenge 
using paper and elements from the 
HOME SWEET HOME collection.


I prepared the background by adhering 
paper from the collection to my canvas 
and then covering it with a generous layer 
of gel medium.

I then applied sticky glue randomly to 
the paper using a paintbrush.  Once the 
glue had dried and was sticky, I applied 
metallic flakes to the it, allowing it to 
set before brushing off the excess flakes.

I combined texture powder with white gesso, 
mixing it thoroughly before applying it 
along the edges of my canvas with a spatula, 
sometimes over some of the metallic flakes.  
I also stenciled along the edges of the product, 
allowing it to dry completely to 
expose the cracks. 

Once everything was dry, I diluted 
Garnet Color Glow with water and 
applied it onto my canvas, around my 
main composition, spraying with water 
to allow the colour to more.






I painted resin pieces with brown paint 
as well as Garnet Color Glow combined with 
liquid acrylic medium and then dry brushing 
with white gesso once all product was dry.

I then also applied metallic flakes 
to the resin pieces using sticky glue.






I hope that this project has inspired you to
create your own for the June challenge.













No comments:

Post a Comment