Friday 23 June 2023

Fly high


Hello again creative friends.
I am happy to share another of my 
projects as Design Team member 
for 13arts ~ a mixed media canvas 
using elements from the AURORA 
collection as well as 13arts' 
mixed media products.


I prepared the background of my 
round wooden canvas by painting it with 
black gesso.
I then combined fine glass microbeads 
together with gel medium and 
applied this product to my canvas,
using a spatula.
Once the product was dry, 
I painted it all with black gesso, 
leaving it to dry completely before lightly 
dry brushing the texture with white gesso 
to make it stand out.



I painted my doily and flourish chipboard 
embellishments with Goldstone 
Color Glow combined with 
liquid acrylic medium.

Other chipboard embellishments were 
painted with a combination of 
Iolite and Alexandrite together with 
liquid acrylic medium and then,
once dry, lightly brushed with
the Goldstone Color Glow.
I also added gold glitter ink
to these chipboard elements.

The windows and shutter resin 
embellishments as well as the bricks,
were painted with white gesso, 
lightly dry brushed with black gesso 
and then lightly painted with 
the above two Color Glow combinations
(the Goldstone as well as the purple 
combination), drying between each layer.

Other resin embellishments were painted 
with the above combinations and then, 
once dry, lightly brushed with 
gold glitter ink.






I applied glue to the bottom of the 
glass domes and then, applied purple glitter 
to the glue before adhering them to my canvas.



I adhered all elements to my canvas, 
framing my composition with flowers, 
leaves and ephemera.
Once I has adhered everything 
to my canvas, I added some of the 
Color Glow colours around my composition, 
spraying with a bit of water 
to allow the colour to move.




I hope that this canvas has inspired you
to create your own with these wonderful 
mixed media products.



















 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment